
2 weeks ago today, my favorite tree blew down. It was a purple-robed locust tree. In the spring time it would get these clusters of purple flowers. It was such a pretty tree. Last year we noticed that it had some bugs that were getting into the trunk. Well, it has been on my list to call the tree doctor, but never got around to it, and now I guess I don't need to. We had horrible winds that day, and my kids came up to me and told me that our tree blew over. Sure enough there it was lying on the ground. I am just glad that nobody was out there and that it didn't hit the house when it fell. Now we are trying to decide what to put there. We miss the shade from the tree already. Blake has been walking around the house for the last 2 weeks telling us that the tree is broken. So yes it is broken, and now at the compost dump.
No comments:
Post a Comment