Saturday, May 8, 2010

Logans post


Logan is playing baseball again this year. This season he has had the opportunity to pitch and catch. He has done really well. These are a couple of pictures of his first game pitching. I need to take some of him catching, I can't imagine wearing all that gear and moving.

This is from Logan's big book report of the year. They get to pick an animal and research it at home and at school. The report is written all at school with help from other classmates, older students, and the teacher. Then we do the art project at home. I was so glad not to have to help with the report. This display was actually pretty easy to create. We made the penguin from sculpey clay and Logan helped me paint it. The 2 of us painted and glued the stuff on. He was happy with how it turned out. It was fun to see how creative all the kids are and what they choose for their artwork. I also love how the teacher makes it a big deal, she invites some of the classes to come in and see their displays. The kids sit at their tables and answer questions about what they learned. The parents and grandparents are invited too. I think it makes these 2nd graders feel pretty cool to get all of this attention! Logan did awesome!

No comments: