Wednesday, August 4, 2010

4th of July Festivities


Riding in Style Before the race
Austin and Logan at the finish sign at the end of the 1 mile fun run
Blake at the end of the fun run

Sorry I know the pictures are backwards, here is my family at the starting line getting ready to run. When they sounded the fire engines sirens to start the race we all started running. People were passing Blake and I and he started to cry. I think between the sirens and then all of the people running by him it freaked him out. I let him run for a bit and then put him in the stroller with Jace. About a 1/4 mile from the finish he wanted to get back out and run in. He was so excited to see all of the people cheering for him. Austin took 2nd place and Logan took 6th place. They were all excited to get their ribbons.
Our family at the Kaysville parade. After the race we went to the Kaysville parade. It was awesome. It went for over 2 hours and we came home with so much crap! We had a bag full of candy, a few T-shirts, about 10 frisbees, etc. I think the kids really enjoyed it too.
After the parade we had lunch at my Mom's house and then headed to the Farmington Pool. My boys loved jumping off the diving boards and Blake loved going down the waterslides. We had a BBQ back at my Mom's then went and watched the Kaysville City fireworks. It turns out to be a crazy busy day, but I love it. We do the same thing every year and we don't seem to get too tired of it.

No comments: