Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Disneyland 2010 (sorry, picture overload)

This was actually our 3rd day here, but the first day in Disney with Adam & Emily
Our group at Disneyland
Our family waiting to see "It's Tough to be a Bug" 3-D movie
This was our first ride, the Alice in Wonderland ride, Blake was so excited to see Alice, so this was his pick
Logan & Austin on Space Mountain
Jace with the cars from the "Cars" movie (they had music playing and he was dancing)
Mike and Austin playing at the Brother Bear adventure
Jake & Logan on the ferris wheel
This was Ryan's first time on the roller coaster. Our last trip to Disneyland (2 years ago), he promised the boys that he would go on the roller coaster. After he rode it he loved it. He has finally decided that roller coasters are fun. I told him that he has been missing out on years of fun.
All of the kids with their 3-D glasses on waiting for the "Bug" movie
Our family meeting Mickey
The "boys" and their goofy faces getting onto Indiana Jones
Our group at California Adventure
Ryan & Jace on Dumbo
Blake & Jace loving on Tigger
Blake on the carousel at California Adventure
Ryan & Jill outside of California Adventure (our last day)
Blake with "Chip" (I think), it really doesn't matter he just called him "Alvin"
Logan and Austin in line for Space Mountain

This was one of the streets that I ran down in the morning. I ran 4 out of the 5 mornings there. Emily talked me into bringing my running stuff, I really didn't think I would use it, but was very glad that I did. It was a lot of fun to go running and nice to chat with Emily before the craziness of the day started. It was so beatiful to run there. It made coming home to our brown lawn kind of gloomy. I wish I could run in that green, lush area year round.

We really did it. We debated on going this year, and we finally decided to do it. We were so excited to go back. We love Disneyland, the boys loved it, it was a blast. The weather was nice, not quite as warm as years past, but still nice. On our way down we stopped in Primm, Nevada (Stateline), we did some shopping at the outlet mall there, ate and headed back to our room. We had a couple of issues with our room and they couldn't find our reservation at first when we checked in, so they actually gave us 4 wristband all day ride passes. The boys were in heaven. We stayed down there until midnight riding the log flume, Blake loved this frog hopper ride, and Austin and Logan loved the simulator roller coaster ride. We had a fun night. The next day we headed into California and went to Disneyland that afternoon and evening. We did 5 days at Disneyland, and that was about it. We got there at open and left when it closed. One night we did walk down "Downtown Disney" and did some shopping, but other than that it was from our hotel to Disney and back. Friday morning we drove to St George and stayed the night there. The boys were so good in the car and we were making such good timing that we were tempted to drive all the way home, but decided to stop and let the boys run for a while. We went to dinner and then swam for a couple of hours in the pool. We got home Saturday afternoon and started on laundry. It took 3 days to get it all caught up. It is amazing how many clothes 6 people wear. The trip was a blast, I was so glad we were able to do it. I treasure the time that I have with Ryan and the boys. Time goes by so quick, and the boys are growing up so fast. I love vacationing, and hope we can do it again, soon!

2 comments:

Maestas Crew said...

Such a cute family! Looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait to see you all soon!

Kristine Watterson said...

What fun! We miss you guys!