
Yesterday Austin was riding his bike and going off a jump that Ryan had made for scouts, this was the result. I was in the kitchen doing dishes, Ryan was in the front room watching the boys out the front window. He was on his phone talking to someone about bidding their job, I hear him loudly say "Oh, Crap." He had Jace with him, but I didn't hear any thuds, so I wasnt' sure what was going on. I turned off the water and started into the front room, he was saying "sorry my kid is on his bike and just ate it bad, I'll call you back." So I go running out the front door and Logan is just riding his bike around the ramp, so I am thinking Logan is okay, but Ryan really reacted to something. So I go down my driveway a little more and there is Austin getting up from the ground. He is where our driveway and our neighbors driveway meet. (I had the ramp set up on the sidewalk in the middle of our driveway, so he was quite a ways from the ramp) He gets up and says, "I'm okay, Mom," I look at him and say "No, you aren't," So he keeps telling me that he is okay, so I tell him that he has blood running down his face, hands, arms, and legs. I couldn't believe that he wasn't hysterically crying. I tell him that we need to go inside and clean him up. It wasn't until I started cleaning him that he broke down. He was shaking, so I know he was in shock. Well, I tried to clean a couple of wounds, and finally told him to jump in the shower, since he was covered head to toe in scrapes. We got him all cleaned up and bandaged. He looked like a walking band aid after covering all the cuts. I gave him some Tylenol and we watched a movie the rest of the night. We are so blessed that we aren't at the hospital for this. Ryan really thought we were on our way to the ER after seeing the crash. I just don't know how we are going to get his hand in his glove for baseball tonight. (And it's his last game) Poor Austin, but what a toughie!Oh, the picture of Jace is from his tumble down the cement step at my Mom's house. Logan was trying to teach him to sit on the steps all by himself. I am glad that babies recover so quick! BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!
3 comments:
Oh wow, Jill that is bad. I'm scared for what my boys have in store for me! I'm glad he is ok!
I haven't looked at your blog in awhile, so there was a lot to catch up on. That cake you made is amazing, my mom was sitting here looking at it with me, and we were both very impressed. Your poor kids are always getting hurt! We haven't had one accident here yet. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!
Wow, poor Austin! That is some serious road rash! Glad he took it so well!
Post a Comment